A beautiful and natural way to honor the chakras. All beads are natural gemstones and are joined together on the inside of the pendent by a copper wire that goes through all 7 stones. The metal bead on the necklace is stainless steel and the necklace is waxed cotton and is adjustable. The wood used is Black Walnut and is treated with butchers block oil which is food safe.
- Crown Chakra “Sahasrara” – Purple – Amethyst
- Third Eye Chakra “Ajna” – Dark blue – Lapis
- Throat Chakra “Vishuddha” – Lt Blue – Turquoise
- Heart Chakra “Anahata” – Green – Maganesite
- Solar Plexus Chakra “Manipura” – Yellow – Malaysian Jade
- Sacral Chakra “Swadhishtana” – Orange – Carnelian
- Root Chakra “Muladhara” – Red – Riverstone
The word ‘Chakra’ is derived from the sanskrit word meaning ‘wheel’. Its literal translation means ‘Wheel of Spinning Energy’. A chakra is like a whirling, vortex-like, source of energy which exist in our subtle etheric body, the non-material energetic counterpart to our physical body. Each chakra is associated with a certain part of the body which it provides with the energy it needs to function. Additionally, every chakra corresponds to a specific aspect of human behavior and development.
While the chakra colors reflect different frequencies of light and energy associated with each energy center, their meaning may be related to the function of its associated chakras and general symbolism. When you see or use the following colors, you could make the following associations:
- Meaning of the red chakra color: Red is the color of the root chakra (first chakra); it symbolizes safety, survival, grounding, nourishment from the Earth energy. Note that in chakra healing practices, red may denote inflammation at the physical level.
- Meaning of the orange chakra color: Orange is the color of the sacral chakra (second chakra); it carries meanings associated with emotions, creativity, sexuality, and is associated with water, flow.
- Meaning of the yellow chakra color: is the color of the solar plexus chakra (third chakra); it symbolizes mental activities, intellect, personal power, will.
- Meaning of the green chakra color: Green is the color of the heart chakra (fourth chakra); it is connected with love, relating, integration, compassion.
- Meaning of the blue chakra color: Blue is the color of the throat chakra (fifth chakra); it symbolizes self expression, expression of truth, creative expression, communication, perfect form and patterns.
- Meaning of the purple chakra color (or deep indigo blue): Purple (or deep indigo blue) is the color of the third eye chakra (sixth chakra); it evokes intuition, extrasensory perception, inner wisdom.
- Meaning of the white chakra color (or purple): White is the color of the crown chakra (seventh chakra); it’s associated with the universal, connection with spirituality, consciousness.